Pup fashionistas unite! Now that you’ve made the decision to include your dog in your wedding, the next question is what is he or she going to wear?? Regardless of your pet’s role in your wedding, you will likely go beyond just the groomer donned bows and choose the perfect wedding outfit or bejeweled collar for your pet’s special appearance on your big day. At her Texas wedding to Blake Shelton, three of Miranda Lambert’s dogs, Cher, Delta and Delilah, walked down the aisle with one the bridesmaids. The dogs sported bandanas, flowers, rhinestone collars and leashes. From bowties to pearls, take a peek at these 5 great places to buy wedding outfits for dogs.
1. Always a fun place to shop for unique, creative items, you’ll find some handmade gems (pun intended) at Wedding Party Pets on Etsy.
2. Shopping for that adorable wedding outfit could not be easier and more fun these days. T-shirts with cute sayings abound at Zazzle Dog Wedding Gear …great selection!
3. Doggie Clothesline Formal Wear is the place to go for the perfect wedding bowtie or hair bow for your pup. They even have dresses and tuxedos available for the true fashionista.
4. Poochie Heaven Dog Tuxedos and Dresses take wedding outfits for pets to a completely new level. True formal wear is available including traditional ties, shirt collar ties (yep, secures to their collar) and outfits to suit holiday-themed weddings – if you’re getting married over July 4th and need stars and stripes ideas, this is the place for you.
5. If bling is your thing then you can’t go wrong with Big Wag Wedding Dog Collars. From diamonds to pearls, you’ll find it at Big Wag.
But should it be a destination wedding you are preparing for, your best option may be to leave your pet at home. Oftentimes destination weddings involve crossing borders and that, in and of itself, can present a barrage of issues for you and your pup. If you are finding yourself torn between leaving your pet at home or taking him with you, let us help you make that decision the easiest one you will make throughout the entire wedding planning process! VIP Pet Services offers pet sitting that is second to none. Our vetted sitters will care for your pet as if their own and your mind can be set at ease.
And speaking of being at ease, you can also calendar us in to be there for your pet when you are away on your honeymoon. Your pet’s comfort and well-being is our number one priority while you are away. After all, the last thing you need to worry about while frolicking in the waves and basking in the sun on your honeymoon is whether or not your furry family member is being taken care of.
Pets in weddings. It’s the new norm. As Carrie Underwood put it: “[My dog] will be one of the ring bearers – he’s like my kid…[he] is such a big part of my life.” Involving your 4 legged family member in your wedding these days is nothing short of apropos…a modern day “furry tail” dream come true.