Plano, Texas: A Pet Lover’s Dream!
Are you a pet lover searching for the perfect city to visit or even relocate to? Look no further than Plano, Texas! As a certified Better City for Pets and one of only 25 American cities to receive this accolade, Plano is truly a pet lover’s paradise. As Plano’s top-rated pet sitter for more than 20 years, we have the inside scoop on the best places, events, and services offered in the “City of Excellence.” This thriving metropolis of 285,000 people offers a warm and welcoming community for all, including your furry friends. Discover why Plano is the perfect place for you and your beloved pets to call home!
WHAT MAKES PLANO SO PET-FRIENDLY?
Plano was an ideal choice to put down roots long before it earned the prestigious title of being on the best cities to live in America. With over half of its hotels, nearly 100 restaurants, and an abundance of parks, Plano sets the bar for pet-friendly cities in Texas and beyond!
WHERE TO STAY WITH YOUR PET IN PLANO
Are you visiting or thinking about relocating to Plano with your pets? You’re in luck with pet-friendly accommodations! Whether you prefer a luxury hotel, a secluded Airbnb or a rustic campground – you won’t struggle to find a place for you and your pets to snuggle in for the night. Nearly 60% of our hotels are pet-friendly!
Plano’s Top-Ranked Pet-Friendly Hotels
1) Staybridge Suites is one of the pet-friendliest hotels with locations in the Richardson and Legacy West areas of Plano that welcome up to three pets of any size! Cats and dogs are both welcome to stay in the room unattended, as long as they mind their manners. There is plenty of grassy areas for your dogs to have their bathroom breaks too.
2) While Aloft Plano doesn’t allow big dogs or cats, rooms come standard with pet beds and yummy treats. If your under 40-pound pooch accompanies you on business trips, you’ll love being so close to Plano’s business district while staying at Aloft Plano. Ask us about our drop-in potty breaks while you and your dog visit Plano!
3) The Marriot brand of hotels, with over one thousand locations, is known for making the majority of their properties pet-friendly. The Courtyard Marriot, located in Plano, is one of those pet-friendly properties. Both dogs and cats are allowed.
It’s always a good idea to call the hotel to ask about their specific policies, including pet fees, prior to booking your stay. Many Airbnb’s in the Plano area are pet-friendly and often have more lenient policies, with lower fees. When it comes to you and your pet’s safety while traveling, it’s always best to do your research. Plano also offers a variety of pet-friendly campgrounds if you and your furry crew have taken to the open road together.
WHERE TO DINE OUT WITH YOUR DOG IN PLANO
If your dog enjoys eating out, Plano is just the place to find plenty of patio dining that allows dogs. All require your dog to remain leashed and with you at all times. As always, pay attention to the heat index if you’re dining outside with your dog and be sure to offer plenty of fresh water. Our favorite spots have dog menus, so you can indulge your pup with a culinary experience of their own.
Dine Out at These Dog Friendly Restaurants around Plano
1) “No Begging, Barking or Biting” is the motto for furry patrons at Lazy Dog. If your pooch can handle those rules, you’re welcome to sit on the patio and enjoy a special treat from the Dog Menu. You and your dog will enjoy the small town hospitality that Lazy Dog restaurants are known for.
2) Just outside of Plano, you can have dinner and a dog park date at The Shacks Dining & Dog Park. The Shacks is a one-of-a-kind destination for dog owners and lovers alike. It’s a collection of six small restaurants that share a large open-air patio overlooking a one-acre dog park. With views of the huge oak trees, patio dining, and dog-friendly everything, The Shacks is a unique and fun destination.
3) Guaranteed to be your dog’s favorite restaurant in Plano, Three Dog Bakery is an unforgettable experience for dogs (and their two-legged parents)! Their bakeries offer a selection of treats that are only available in their stores. Cookies, bars, treats and even cakes are made fresh in-store everyday by real chefs using human-grade ingredients. If you’re lucky, maybe your pooch will share.
If you take your dog dining in Plano, remember these quick tips:
- Feed before you go so your pet won’t be hungry and scarf down their special meal too quickly.
- Know what foods are unsafe for dogs to eat and ask about the ingredients of anything you offer.
- Offer fresh water and plenty of opportunities for your dog to relieve themselves.
WHERE TO HAVE FUN WITH YOUR PET IN PLANO
There is no shortage of pet events and activities in Plano, TX! As Plano’s most trusted pet sitting and dog walking company for over 20 years, we know which activities and events will get those tails thumping.
Dog Parks in Plano, TX
1) Jack Carter Dog Park is a well-maintained, fenced-in park with separate areas for large and small dogs. The park has pavement around the perimeters of each area, as well as plenty of benches, shaded areas, and water fountains for humans and dogs.
2) Windhaven Meadows Dog Park is a great place for dogs and kids of all ages. There is a kiddie park, a big kids park, a splash pad, a large pavilion, an open field, and a paved walking path. Spacious and well-maintained, Windhaven Meadows Dog Park is a favorite among Plano residents.
3) Bob Woodruff Dog Park is impressive with four separate areas for dogs – two for small dogs and two for large dogs. There are also working water fountains for both people and dogs, and plenty of benches and shaded areas for you to relax while your dog plays.
Dog-Friendly Events around Plano, TX
Canine Companions’ DogFest
One of the biggest dog-friendly events around Plano is DogFest. This festival is held in Coppell, Texas and features music, games, activities, and vendors. It’s a great way to celebrate the love of dogs and support Canine Companions’ mission to enhance the lives of people with disabilities.
The first-ever amazement park for dogs and their human parents is heading our way this Fall, courtesy of Dallas PetsAlive. Puptopia encompasses everything that makes your dog happy and everything that makes you happy to have a dog. The Puptopia Festival is a dog-lover’s paradise, with an amazing lineup of activities for dogs of all sizes and abilities. From agility courses and obstacle courses to swimming pools and larger-than-life photo opportunities, there’s something for everyone at Puptopia.
Pawtoberfest in Richardson
The City of Richardson is hosts Pawtoberfest as a special feature of their Huffhines Harvest Fest. Activities include an agility course demonstration, The Great Ball Hunt, a costume contest and pet parade. Of course there will be treats, shopping, paw-some art and lots of photo opportunities for your and your dog.
WHO DO PLANO PET OWNERS TRUST WITH THEIR FUR BABIES?
Plano is definitely a city that knows how important our pets are. As an award-winning, veterinarian approved pet sitter in Plano, VIP Pet Services know how important your pets are too! That’s why Plano pet owners have trusted our elite team of pet sitters for all their pet sitting, dog walking, overnight care, pet taxi, and poop scooping needs for more than 20 years.
The Most Reliable and Trustworthy Pet Sitters in Plano
Your pet’s well-being is about more than meeting physical needs; that’s why our sitters offer genuine human interaction along with exceptional physical care to help minimize stress for your fur babies! We have both emergency and non-emergency phone numbers, and we also keep records of your pet’s activities so you know what has been done and when. Our Plano pet sitters are licensed, bonded and hired only after thorough background checks. At VIP Pet Services, our wide spectrum of expert pet care services keep your pet healthy and anxiety-free while you’re away. Contact us today to discuss your pet’s individual needs!